Here are ten different ideas.
- Cloves. If you have clove oil on hand use that but many people will only have clove powder from their spice rack. That will work quite well. Either put the dry powder on the tooth and around the gum or mix it with a little coconut oil first.
- A few drops of vanilla extract placed on the troublesome tooth can relieve the pain.
- Chew some raw onion for a few minutes.
- Put pieces of cold cucumber on the aching tooth.
- Chew on some ice.
- Use a mouthwash of warm salty water.
- Lightly crush a piece of garlic and put it on the tooth.
- Mix a pinch of pepper with salt and put on the tooth.
- Put raw potato on the tooth for about 15 minutes.
- Put some peppermint extract or peppermint leaves on the tooth.
My favourite tooth cleaner, instead of toothpaste, is a simple powder. Mix together 1 tablespoon sea salt, 3 tablespoons bi carbonate of soda and 1/4 teaspoon clove powder. Put a little on your tooth brush and brush as normal.
Another trick that keeps my teeth from being sensitive is to swish a little coconut oil around the mouth both morning and night after cleaning teeth.