- Eliminate Odors from Disposal Unit - Put a lemon in unit and grind it up.
- Get rid of fish smells - Rub butter on your hands. Rubbing toothpaste on them works as well.
- Get rid of onion smells - Dampen hands and rub bicarbonate soda on them.
- Keep salt free of moisture - Put uncooked rice or pieces of blotting paper in the salt shaker. They will absorb the moisture. My salt shaker has large holes and so I sewed the rice into a little netting bag.
- Over salted the dinner? - Potato absorbs the extra salt. If possible cook it for a while with a potato or two in it.
- Freshen stale nuts - Put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 250 degrees C.
- Boil a cracked egg - Add a dash of vinegar to the water.
- Be sure your boil eggs will peel easily - Keep lid on a few minutes after boiling. The pressure causes shell to fall off easily.
- Make sure all the popcorn pops - Freeze it first.
- Keep berries fresh - Don't wash until ready to use. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Keep vegetables fresh longer - Put paper towels in the bottom of the veggie bin or containers. It will absorb moisture.
- Keep and use over ripe bananas - Mash and freeze for making cakes and baked goods.
Regarding over ripe bananas. Mine never last to try the mash and freeze as I love fried banana with my breakfast egg so they all get used that way.
I am keen to try the popcorn one. How fabulous if they all popped.