- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces stress hormones
- Boosts immune function
- Raises the level of T-cells that fight infection
- Raises levels of antibodies that destroy disease
- Triggers release of endorphins - natural painkillers
- Decreases stress hormones
- Protects the heart
- Relaxes the whole body
With laughter having such healthy benefits, it is good to make sure that we laugh more often. Here are some strategies that can help you to increase the amount of laughter in your life.
- Laugh with friends. Laughter is contagious. Find things to do with friends that will create laughter and good feelings - go to movies, play games, tell jokes.
- Movies and other entertainment. Watching funny movies can be an easy way to get laughing.
- Keep a sense of humor about life. Instead of seeing all the negatives, find something to laugh about in every situation. This really reduces stress and increases the opportunities to laugh.
- Act as if. If you can't laugh for real, pretend until you can. Put on smiles and laughter gives the same results as real or spontaneous smiles and laughter. You still get the same positive results.