How is your weight loss plan going? Are you still on track? Good on you if you are. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
If not now is a good time to refocus and start again. What will make it work for you? Do you need a support team or person to help you keep on track?
Adjust your plan to something that might work for you and try again. Remember that you don't want to keep doing the same thing expecting a different result. Never give up, you can do it.
I have put together a bakers dozen of weight loss tips. Perhaps some of them might resonate with you.
- Choose the smaller portion sizes. If you start with a larger meal you will eat more than you need. Thus you will gain weight.
- Drink a glass of water before meals. This will keep you hydrated and may reduce your feeling of hunger. The result is you are likely to eat less.
- Choose unsalted nuts rather than chocolate, sweets, cakes or cookies. You will consume less calories but gain extra nutrients. This will build your health rather than pull it down.
- Find ways to walk each day. Park your car further away. Walk at lunch time. Walk after work. Walk after dinner. Whatever works for you. Just do it.
- Clean out your cupboards of all the foods that no longer fit into your healthy eating plan. If they are in the house you will eat them. Replace them with healthy options that will be kind to your weight loss efforts.
- Eat smaller meals more often. Eat every 2 or 3 hours. That is about 5 or 6 times a day. Your metabolism will thank you by burning more energy.
- Find a fun way to exercise that doesn’t feel like exercise. Some examples would be dancing, bike riding, kayaking or swimming. Find something that works for you and do it.
- Make small changes that you can sustain rather than massive changes that you can’t keep up. This will not only help you to reach your goal weight but will help to keep it there.
- Eat slowly.
- Eat soup or salad to start the meal. This will add extra nutrients. Your main course will be able to be smaller.
- Never skip meals especially breakfast. Skipping meals slows your metabolism down. Eat regular small meals. It will help you to lose weight.
- Drink water not soft drink. Drinking 2 soft drinks each day can add up to 15 kgs each year.
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy. It provides healthy snacks packed full of important nutrients. If you need a snack having fruit handy gives you a great way to eat but not wreck your eating plan.
There they are. If you have a favourite weight loss tip that you would like to share, please share it with us by leaving a comment. If you want to celebrate your weight loss success with others tell us about it so we can celebrate with you. Alternatively, if you need some support to keep pressing on to your goal, feel free to let us know and we will help you in any way we can.
Keep pressing on