There are a variety of simple things that we can do that can help us to have a more positive mental attitude. Each of these will also help reduce stress levels. This list is far from complete. See how many more ideas you can add.
- Regular walking - 30 minutes a day
- Humor is a great stress reducer and encourages a positive mental attitude.
- Take time each day to relax and review the positives in your life.
- Be nice to people
- "Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, "this is the real me," and when you have found that attitude, follow it." James Truslow Adams
- "One of your most valuable assets is a good sense of humor. In general, humorous people are fun to be with, have less stress and a healthier outlook on life." Catherine Pulsifer
- "Your mental attitude is something you can control outright and you must use self-discipline until you create a Positive Mental Attitude - your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are" Napolean Hill
- "You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you." Brian Tracy
- "Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I've had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got to not forget to laugh." Katherine Hepburn
- "Any fact facing us is not as important as our attitude toward it, for that determines our success or failure." Norman Vincent Peale
- "To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world." Author unknown
- "The optimist sees opportunity in every danger, the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity." Winston Churchill
- "A strong positive attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug." Patricia Neal
I am sure that there are hundreds and thousands of quotes in existence that relate to a positive mental attitude. If you have a favourite quote that you would like to share. Please feel free share it with us by leaving it as a comment.
Positively reduce your stress today