Friday, October 9, 2009

Increase Your Child's Intelligence

All my children are grown up now but when they were about 2 years old I taught them to read. What fun we had. They loved it and they learned to read. They were all proficient readers when they started school.

I had read Dr Glen Doman's book "Teach Your Baby To Read". It was very exciting to read about how tiny children who were brain damaged were learning to read. He set out the process of teaching young children to read and I followed the instructions well more or less anyway. It worked.

The way to start is to make the print big enough. That meant that I made an enormous number of cards with very large words printed on them. I spent more time making materials than I did having fun showing them to my children.

Short Cut

Today I found a computer program that short cuts all that work but gives the same results. I wished that it had been around thirty years ago. It is fantastic. Whatever words, or groups of words you want to show is done simply by typing them in.
It even comes with beautiful pictures of birds, animals and other things with their names printed under the picture (deluxe version). I tested the bird pictures out on my two year old grandson today. He was enthralled. He loved the eagle and kept asking for it again.

I added some extra pictures as well. He was very excited to see pictures of his cousins with their name under their photo. It is easy to do this. Get your photos and resize them so they are not too large for the page. The file name becomes the word displayed under the picture. Go ahead and add whatever pictures will excite your child.

I thought it was so good I wanted to share it here in case others were interested trying it. It is very easy to use and you really only need to take a couple of minutes at a time when using this with your child. It is always fun and you always stop while it is still fun.
Go ahead and find out how to multiply your child's intelligence, quickly and easily.

I hope you have as much fun as I did when you teach your young children to read.

Have great success and lots of fun

Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment