- There have been some studies that show that eating eggs can be a great help in losing weight. One study by the Rochester Center for Obesity Research discovered that a breakfast of eggs helps to reduce calorie intake for the day by at least 400 calories. One possible reason for this is that with an egg breakfast you don't get hungry so soon, thereby avoiding the trap of snacking on junk food during the day.
- Another study from Louisiana State University compared the weight loss results of women who had 2 eggs for breakfast with women who ate a bagel breakfast of similar calories. Over an eight week period the women having 2 eggs for breakfast lost 65% more weight and had an 83% greater reduction in waist circumference. They also reported greater improvements in their energy levels.
- Another interesting piece of research discovered that women who ate at least six eggs each week reduced their risk of getting breast cancer by 44% compared to women who ate two eggs or less each week.
- Egg yolks contain the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants are better absorbed by the body when they come from eggs rather than vegetables. They protect the eyes from ultraviolet rays, help guard against macular degeneration and may also help to lower the risk of developing cataracts.
- The high sulphur content along with the large variety of vitamins and minerals found in eggs help hair and nails to be stronger and healthier.
Enjoy your food