- Inhibit growth of infectious microbes - used in hospitals in France and England
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial
- Remove odors - alters structure of odors making them harmless
- Removes metallic particles
- Removes chemicals from the air
- Increases negative ions
- May stimulate and oxygenate your brain
- Neutralize mildew
- Neutralize cigarette smoke
- Tea Tree Oil
- Eucalyptus Oil
Some cold methods of diffusion include glass nebulizers, vaporizers, humidifiers and evaporation devices.
A glass nebulizer is the most effective as it will properly ionize and microscopically size the molecules of the essential oil. This ensures suspension of the droplets in the air for longer.
Misting the oil is an easy and inexpensive way to diffuse the oils into the air. Fill a 1 oz spray bottle with purified water. Add 10-15 drops of essential oil. Shake the bottle vigorously before misting the contents, as the oil does not mix well with water. The other alternative is to add a bit of vodka to the oil before adding to the water.
Inhalation is another way of dispersing the essential oils. Put 1-2 drops on a tissue, cotton ball or handkerchief. Place it in your pillow case, in front of your heating/cooling vents, in your car or other place where you want the effects of the essential oil.
Whether you want to improve the air quality or just enjoy the aromas experiment and see what works for you.
Have fun and enjoy the experience of essential oils.