Have you tried and tried before with little or no success?
The last thing you want to do is lose some weight only to put it back on plus more. This is exactly what happens to most people when they diet. That is because after they have done the work they reward themselves by going back to how they ate before. The problem with that is if you do what you did before you will get the same results you got before. If we want different results we have to continue doing what gives us the results we want.
It is very discouraging when we try to do something and never get there.
We can end up feeling as though it is no use trying again.
However when your health is at stake, giving up is not an option.
In my family we have a saying "whatever it takes".
When something is important the motto is to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes.
The secret to success with this is to have people around you who are supportive of what you are doing and will encourage you.
- Make a strong determination in your own mind that you are going to lose weight. If it is going to be it is up to me.
- Assess your past attempts. Did you do anything to sabotage your success? If so find out why and sort out those issues. Ask for help. Sometimes we need to talk it out to work out what is going on.
- Determine to do whatever it takes for as long as it takes. Hint: If one thing doesn't work find something that does.
- Keep a food journal for a week or two (or longer if it works for you). This will identify exactly what you are eating. It puts you in the driver's seat. You are in control. You can then decide which of the things you are eating are beneficial to you and if there are other things you would rather eat than some of what you did eat.
- Decide what method or steps you are going to take to achieve your goal. Write them down. Tell your support people all about it.
- If you have a lot of weight to lose or other health issues talk to your health professional about what you want to do. Get their advise but in the end it is you who is in control and makes the decisions.
- Plan. What type of exercise? How much? When? What will I eat? How much? When? Note: you do not have to starve yourself or do excessive exercise. Be kind to yourself
There has been some research that indicates that Vitamin D can assist obese people who are deficient in vitamin D to lose weight. If you live in a sunny climate it is easy to get vitamin D by exposing your skin to the sun for 15-30 minutes each day. In tropical areas be sure to do this in the early morning before the sun is hot enough to make you burn. The studies also found that it is common for obese people to be low in vitamin D.
In my post about cinnamon, I noted that one of the uses for cinnamon was to use with honey for weight loss. I was just looking around and people have had mixed results with this. Some people report great results and some don't. Some like the taste and some don't.
Pour 1 cup of boiling water on to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Leave it to steep for about 15 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon raw honey and stir. Drink one cup on an empty stomach about 30 minutes before breakfast and another cup in the evening before bed.
This article is not intended to be a complete resource of everything you need to know. If it can inspire you to begin to take control of your own health, or if it can give you an idea or two that helps you to achieve your goal, then it will have served its purpose.
You are in control of your destiny. Take steps today to achieve your health goals. Only you can set it in motion. Others can help but you are in charge. What questions do you have regarding losing weight? Leave a comment to let me know.
Good health and success