Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mosquito Bites? Remedies From Home

Itchy?

There is nothing like mosquito bites to spoil the enjoyment of outdoor activities. While it is better not to get bitten in the first place, it is not always avoidable.


Finding relief from those annoying mosquito bites with natural, easy, home remedies can bring the enjoyment back to your day.


There are actually quite a few home remedies for mosquito bites.

  • One of my favorites is rubbing apple cider vinegar over the bites. I must say this is more comfortable if you do it before scratching. Otherwise it will sting. Some people mix olive oil with the vinegar.

  • My mother always uses lavender oil to relieve her mosquito bites.

  • Try rubbing diluted lime juice over the bites.

  • A salt water solution put on the mosquito bite can help relieve the itch as can a baking soda solution.

  • If you are outdoors and there is mud. A bit of mud on the bites can be effective.

  • Rub the inside of a banana peel over the bites. I tried this on my granddaughter the other day. It worked.

  • Rubbing dry soap over the bite should reduce the itchiness and the swelling.

There are seven ideas for you to try next time you have mosquito bites to deal with. All of the ingredients are easy to come by.


In most situations at least one of them would probably be available. That was why I used the banana peel; it was all I had available at the time.


I hope you find that some of these work for you in relieving the itch of mosquito bites.


Keep safe and have fun


Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment